- Privacy Statement
ePLUS, a subsidiary of SM Lifestyle, Inc., collects, processes and stores personal data about you when you avail of its products and services, including its websites and mobile applications, participate in their events, apply for a job with them, or enter into any contract with them (“Services”), provided that you have given your express consent.
- Collection of Personal Data
ePLUS collects information you provide directly to it, such as when you attend or participatein any of its events, respond to a survey, register, create or modify your accounts in any of its websites and/or mobile applications, contact customer support, apply for a job with them, enter into any contract with them or otherwise communicate or interact with ePLUS (the “Event”).
- Use and Processing of Personal Data
ePLUS may use and process the personal data collected about you to allow you to avail of the Services and/or to participate in the Event, other similar events to be provided by or held by the ePLUS, including the processing of your application, publication of your name should you win the same, and other discounts, promos, sales, advertisements, marketing activities andcommercial communications of the ePLUS, including direct marketing. At all times, your personal data shall not be used or processed for any purpose that is contrary to law, morals, or public policy.
- Sharing of Personal Data
ePLUS may share personal data between and among the entities comprising the same to enable them to provide you personalized Services. ePLUS may also share personal data with vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on behalf of ePLUS. If and when necessary, a data sharing agreement shall cover any sharing of data between and among the ePLUS and/or its vendors,consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers. ePLUS may also share information in accordance with any order from any relevant government agency as provided by law.
- Storage and Protection of Personal Data
ePLUS has instituted policies and procedures which intend to protect personal data which it has collected and continues to collect. These include securing any document containing personal data, requiring the execution of non-disclosure agreements by its employees, consultants, vendors, suppliers and contractors, among others.
ePLUS’ websites are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to said website as safe as possible. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the personal data confidential. In addition,all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted. ePLUS implements a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses your information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gatewayprovider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
While there will always be a risk of unauthorized disclosure of personal data, ePLUS believes that the foregoing safeguards are sufficient to prevent the occurrence of such unauthorized disclosure and is committed to updating and improving such safeguards in order to protect your personal data in compliance with the Data Privacy Act.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. This may be done through your own browser settings. Since browsers may vary, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features may be disabled and some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
- User Responsibility
While we employ all necessary precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot warrant 100% cyber security. ePLUS encourages you to use the latest version of web browsers. Themost important reason to keep your browser up-to-date is for your own safety and security. Updated web browsers are normally equipped with security features that provide anti-phishing protection, improved parental controls and tools to prevent malware and other privacy threats.
- Your Rights under the Data Privacy Act
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You will be given an option or opportunity to withhold your consent to the processing of your personal data whenever the ePLUS communicates with you or by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to rectify or correct any inaccuracy or error in your personal data by submitting your request for rectification or correction to our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Please notify our Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise this right;
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in an electronic or structured format if the same is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format by submitting your request to our Data Protection Officer; and
- You have the right to be indemnified if you incur damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal
- Contacting Us
Title/Designation: Data Protection Officer
Postal Address: 10/F Mall of Asia Arena Annex Building, Coral Way corner J.W. Diokno Boulevard, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City, 1300 Philippines Telephone Number: (02) 8 831-1000
Email Address: email@example.com